Top 10 helpful tips to treat piles
05 Mar, 2018
1.Abstain from straining: The best suggestion for the patients is that they should avoid using toilet Unnecessary if they are not feeling an urge of defecation and avoid unrelated activities like waiting long for the stool to arrive, reading newspapers while sitting on the toilet. These restrictions will surely give the relief in the straining.
2.Hydrotherapy or Sitz bath: Hydrotherapy and sitz are both similar and also called as water cure which involves the used water for better treatment and to get relief from the pain of itchy, inflamed and painful piles. Sitz bath is a treatment in which anal area can be soak by slightly warm water which contains potassium permanganate tablets /povidone idone solution. Which lead to the improvement of anal circulation and reduce inflammation. If a patient does not have a bathtub which is used in the treatment of sitz bath he/she can go to the medical store to purchase the sitz bathtub which can easily fit over the toilet seat.
3.Ice pack/cold compress: In the situation of inflammation and swelling, the effective treatment is patient can crush some ice and wrap it in the plastic bag or sheet and by using of a washcloth to cover the plastic bag and apply it on the opening and affected an area of the anal for 10-15 minutes to get relief.
4. Eat fibre rich foods: Fibre-rich foods are oatmeal, barley, beans, leafy vegetable like spinach (palak) and fenugreek (methi) and citrus fruits like oranges are also rich fibre sources. They help to reduce the straining and chances of constipation which are major factors of developing hemorrhoids. Patients should be suggested by the doctor to take these rich fibre meals to prevent themselves from the occurrence of the piles as well as from hemorrhoidal pain.
5. Consider fiber supplements: Considering fibre-rich supplements can lower the risk of enduring symptoms and bleeding piles. It has already proven in clinical trials that fibre supplements are 50% effective in the treatment of non-prolapsing hemorrhoids (protruding out of the anal opening). Itching and prolapsing symptoms cannot be affected and improved by the fibre supplements.
6. Eat flavones food: Citrus fruits, cherries, blackberries, and blueberries are in the list of flavonoid-rich foods which increase the strength of vein structures and improve the circulation around the anus. It has already proven that flavonoid foods play an important role to reduce the endurance of symptoms of piles and lead to 58% reduction in the risk of bleeding, persistent pain, itching and recurrence. Flavonoids are one of the largest nutrient families known to scientists and include over 6,000 already-identified family members. This nutrient group is most famous for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory health benefits, as well as its contribution of vibrant color to the foods we eat. flavonoids are highly bioactive and play a wide variety of different roles in the health of plants, animals, and human health.
7. Apply petroleum jelly: A patient who is suffering from strain during bowel movement which is very painful and disaster situation In this regard, Petroleum jelly plays an important role to overcome from this situation and pain and help to reduce the pain of strain during the bowel movement if it is used before. Often, patients spent their time suffering from the pain of straining during bowel movement.
8. The increase of water intake: Maintaining stool consistency and preventing constipation and dehydration, a patient should need to increase the intake of water by which the digested food smoothly move from the intestine and helps to determine the consistency of the stools. The intestinal wall absorbs water from the stools and makes them hard due to lack water intakes by the patient on the daily routine basis. Hence, increasing of water intakes is very important to reduce the strain and pain of the stools and bowel movement.
9. Avoid regular use of laxative medications: The recurring use of Laxative medications can cause worst constipation and affect the bowel movement pattern badly. The patient can prevent themselves from using of laxative medications regularly by including foods which act as natural laxatives like figs, bananas, prunes, and dried fruits in their diet to make stool soft.
10.Extra care while pregnancy: A woman who is suffering from piles should need to take an extra care in form of consulting to doctor before taking laxative medication or cream increase the intake of healthy food and strictly non-negotiable on avoiding spicy foods and do need to follow the mild exercise routine on regular basis. These precautions will help to reduce the strain of bowel movement and piles of a woman who is pregnant.