Piles are very commonly seen in nowadays. Women are suffering more than men. Piles are the enlarged surrounding vessel of an anus. Piles are also known as Hemorrhoids/bawaseer. A person who is suffering from piles mostly has the problem of itching, pain during motion, bleeding per rectum & prolapsed mass during defecation. There are many hemorrhoid treatment options available in the home or in the form of over-the-counter medications. Many of the treatment methods involve simply easing the symptoms of the hemorrhoids until they clear up on their own. In some cases, when the condition is severe, bleeding can also occur. Here are some natural home remedies for seeking relief from piles.
- Warm Baths: Sitting in a tub of warm water that is filled just enough to cover the legs may help to ease the swelling and reduce irritation caused by hemorrhoids. Some people also choose to add other ingredients to the bath in order to help reduce symptoms even further. These ingredients can include a cup of Epsom salts or apple cider vinegar.Other people choose to add apple cider vinegar directly to hemorrhoid, but this may sting and irritate the swollen skin even more.
- Triphala powder: As mentioned above, constipation is a major cause for piles, Triphala powder must be taken regularly to remove constipation and hence prevent piles from developing.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil, which is also considered as a natural moisturizer, which is also helpful with hemorrhoid symptoms. Regular applying of coconut oil may reduce the irritation and swelling, and it may also help reduce the urge to scratch.
- Apple cider vinegar: It is recommended as one of the best home remedies to treat piles or fissures problems. Apple cider vinegar should definitely be your first “go to” remedy for hemorrhoids. It contains some powerful astringent (shrinking) properties that contract swollen blood vessels and give fast relief from the swelling and irritation associated with both internal and external piles.
5.Increase in water intake: This is the simplest strategy to cure piles. Adequate intake of water supplemented by a healthy diet results in healthy bowel movement. Drinking good amounts of water prevents constipation and thus piles. Having 8-10 glasses of water each day, make one’s digestive system smooth and regulates it.
- Dry figs: Dry figs help in controlling constipation, it should be soaked overnight in water should be consumed next morning. This formula plays an effective role in easing bowels and reduces straining.
- Jamun leaf juice: Another effective remedy is that, have 20 ml of Jamun leaf juice with little sugar thrice a day or it can also be taken along with milk, to control Piles bleeding.
8.Turnip: Turnip better known as shalgam, is another useful remedy. Prepare a mixture of 50 ml each of carrot, spinach and turnip leaf juice.
- Ice Packs: Applying ice or cold packs to hemorrhoid may also help relieve pain and inflammation. Applying an ice pack while seated or when the hemorrhoid flares up can help numb pain and temporarily reduce swelling.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has antiseptic and healing properties. Therefore, eat a teaspoon of ground, fresh turmeric root.
What is Stress?
The main cause of stress is the overload and struggling to cope with demands of the people. These demands can be related to finances, work, relationships, and other situations, but anything that poses a real or perceived challenge or threat to a person’s well being can cause stress. It has overall bad effect on our physical and mental health. Stress isn’t always bad. In small doses, it can help you perform under pressure and motivate you to do your best. But when you’re constantly running in emergency mode, your mind and body pay the price. Nowadays, many of the individuals are suffering from piles due to their stressful life schedule, for example, improper eating habit, mental tensions, and work pressure sitting during the whole day and so on. The stress response is the body’s way of protecting you. When working properly, it helps you stay focused, energetic, and alert. Piles can be caused by chronic stress which is known to cause high blood pressure and exacerbate heart disease. To deal with disturb bowel is very difficult and painful. Bowel problems are usually considered as a common problem with anxiety, as the stress from anxiety alters hormones, changes digestion speeds, and put significant pressure on your intestines. Bowel movements regularly get disturbs by chronic and sporadic stress and contributes to constipation, which are the initial symptoms of getting piles problems. Regular intaking of a healthier meal can be a big help which is the initial step to get the alternate treatment of piles which caused due to stress. There are much alternate treatment/medicine for piles problems. But the best way can be that which will not only work in the treatment of piles cause but brings your life much more nourishment and fruitful with “Ayurvedic piles treatment” because it deals in each and every aspects of human life. It helps people live long, healthy and balanced lives without the need for prescription drugs, complicated and painful surgeries. Ayurvedic piles medicine is a basic concept to maintain health rather than treatment.
1.Abstain from straining: The best suggestion for the patients is that they should avoid using toilet Unnecessary if they are not feeling an urge of defecation and avoid unrelated activities like waiting long for the stool to arrive, reading newspapers while sitting on the toilet. These restrictions will surely give the relief in the straining.
2.Hydrotherapy or Sitz bath: Hydrotherapy and sitz are both similar and also called as water cure which involves the used water for better treatment and to get relief from the pain of itchy, inflamed and painful piles. Sitz bath is a treatment in which anal area can be soak by slightly warm water which contains potassium permanganate tablets /povidone idone solution. Which lead to the improvement of anal circulation and reduce inflammation. If a patient does not have a bathtub which is used in the treatment of sitz bath he/she can go to the medical store to purchase the sitz bathtub which can easily fit over the toilet seat.
3.Ice pack/cold compress: In the situation of inflammation and swelling, the effective treatment is patient can crush some ice and wrap it in the plastic bag or sheet and by using of a washcloth to cover the plastic bag and apply it on the opening and affected an area of the anal for 10-15 minutes to get relief.
4. Eat fibre rich foods: Fibre-rich foods are oatmeal, barley, beans, leafy vegetable like spinach (palak) and fenugreek (methi) and citrus fruits like oranges are also rich fibre sources. They help to reduce the straining and chances of constipation which are major factors of developing hemorrhoids. Patients should be suggested by the doctor to take these rich fibre meals to prevent themselves from the occurrence of the piles as well as from hemorrhoidal pain.
5. Consider fiber supplements: Considering fibre-rich supplements can lower the risk of enduring symptoms and bleeding piles. It has already proven in clinical trials that fibre supplements are 50% effective in the treatment of non-prolapsing hemorrhoids (protruding out of the anal opening). Itching and prolapsing symptoms cannot be affected and improved by the fibre supplements.
6. Eat flavones food: Citrus fruits, cherries, blackberries, and blueberries are in the list of flavonoid-rich foods which increase the strength of vein structures and improve the circulation around the anus. It has already proven that flavonoid foods play an important role to reduce the endurance of symptoms of piles and lead to 58% reduction in the risk of bleeding, persistent pain, itching and recurrence. Flavonoids are one of the largest nutrient families known to scientists and include over 6,000 already-identified family members. This nutrient group is most famous for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory health benefits, as well as its contribution of vibrant color to the foods we eat. flavonoids are highly bioactive and play a wide variety of different roles in the health of plants, animals, and human health.
7. Apply petroleum jelly: A patient who is suffering from strain during bowel movement which is very painful and disaster situation In this regard, Petroleum jelly plays an important role to overcome from this situation and pain and help to reduce the pain of strain during the bowel movement if it is used before. Often, patients spent their time suffering from the pain of straining during bowel movement.
8. The increase of water intake: Maintaining stool consistency and preventing constipation and dehydration, a patient should need to increase the intake of water by which the digested food smoothly move from the intestine and helps to determine the consistency of the stools. The intestinal wall absorbs water from the stools and makes them hard due to lack water intakes by the patient on the daily routine basis. Hence, increasing of water intakes is very important to reduce the strain and pain of the stools and bowel movement.
9. Avoid regular use of laxative medications: The recurring use of Laxative medications can cause worst constipation and affect the bowel movement pattern badly. The patient can prevent themselves from using of laxative medications regularly by including foods which act as natural laxatives like figs, bananas, prunes, and dried fruits in their diet to make stool soft.
10.Extra care while pregnancy: A woman who is suffering from piles should need to take an extra care in form of consulting to doctor before taking laxative medication or cream increase the intake of healthy food and strictly non-negotiable on avoiding spicy foods and do need to follow the mild exercise routine on regular basis. These precautions will help to reduce the strain of bowel movement and piles of a woman who is pregnant.